Thursday, February 10, 2011

Memes...I can't resist them every now and then...



1. What's your staple meal (ie. what meal do you cook most often when you can't be bothered to be adventurous)?
Spiral Pasta or Pene with Bolognese, it keeps Toby happy and is super easy to make

2. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I think I am liking where I am going with the crafty knitting chick thing :3
I even have a new tattoo to show my devotion to my beloved click-clacking!

3. What book are you reading at the moment (if any)?
Oh...I am trying had to read 'The Fifth Elephant', a Disc World book, by Terry Prachett.
My kind Hus has been having me go through all the Sam Vimes stories, my father-in-law also lent me his copy of Unseen Academicals, which was (as always) thoroughly taking the micky out of many past events and stories (Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet in this case.) I never knew I could be woed by an Ork! Considering the type I am used to (Warhammer = dirty, stupid and thumpin' machines) it's not too surprising ;op

4. How do you relax?

Knitting Giant Scarf's! :D

I know this painting is from an Etsian but I don't know who ;_;

Also English T.V. - Poirot, Miss Maple, Top Gear, Last of The Summer Wine...
Playing Mario Kart, trying to beat my high scores or playing as a family.

5. What colour are the interior walls of your home?
Brown, brown, brown, brown...
Most of the interior of our house being built in the 1980 - 90's has a dark stain.
In the late 40's some-one repainted and wallpapered the Library in White and Moss...but then recently some-one else has done a half arsed job at taking it all out again.
The corridor to the bedrooms is a funny Aqua and individually the bedrooms are White, Mushroom, Baby Blue and Jade with White trim. I still love the place :o)


6. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Oh dear...shopping in general. It is a problem that I "inherited" from my mother.
Recently I have gained more control, a little more money and the extreme happiness of Family, Craft & Home that prevents these expensive outings.


7. What time is bed time and getting up time?
...*cough*

Going to bed should be around 11:30 but some-times it is after 1:30
I still don't have the hang of waking up early, mostly due to insomnia related problems.

8. How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)?
I'm not too sure, probably too long ;o)

_________________________________________________________________


1. If you could have a dinner with a famous person (alive or dead) who would you choose?
When I was younger I would have answered Oscar Wilde, now I think...maybe Colin Firth.
His 'Nanny McPhee' (see out takes) is just too lovely.

2. Where would you have that dinner?
In my back yard if he was visiting me, in his or some where equally safe feeling if I was visiting him.

3. What book written (in the last 300 years) had a real influence on your life?
Alice in Wonderland & Alice Through the Looking Glass or maybe more so Lewis Carrol's poetry.

4. If you could live anywhere, in any time, what place and time would that be?
Can I bring the internet, SN and my friends and family? Yes? Then I would like to visit the 1920's in England. If the Larkins were real, I would go and stay with them in the 1940's :3

5. What season would reflect you best?
Autumn.
The frost, crunchy leaves underfoot, creatures and plants making nests, collecting for Winter and starting to feel sleepy.

6. What do you wear when you don't want to think about what you wear?
Baggy pants (fishermen pants at the moment) and a baggy green singlet, the "Pinafore" kind that are too long to be a singlet but too short to be a dress (in my opinion) and large pockets for hankies or tissues.

7. What does craft/making mean to you?
The world, I know very well that I go crazy if I can't make things.
I do believe I would beat some-one with a chair if they were to try and steal my art & craft supplies. >_>

8. If you project yourself into the future. Is there anything you would like to achieve in the next 2 to 5 years?
To be continuously crafting with designated time off (excluding illness) and much, much more photo taking! ^_^

1 comment: