Monday, October 11, 2010

Terry Prachetts: Going Postal

My Allan has been on a big kick of listening to the Disc World books and other audio books whilst driving to work since it is the only time he has to "read" some-thing non-work related X3

He had decided he wanted to give the new two part mini series of 'Going Postal' a chance. We have only watched the first half so far and his face spent a large percent of it contorted with a mix of anger and sadness.


I managed to enjoy most of it, some of it is creepier than how he describes the book
(keep in mind that Allan needs a Remembral), some of the emotions seem over the
top for the character that Terry created, but maybe it is like Douglas Adams 'Hitch
Hikers Guide' - "...every incarnation is different so the audience is never bored."



I can tell you that I was in no way bored, and I loved every lady that drifted past the
camera and all the young lads dashing about after them, one young woman in
particular who was wearing a green floral jacket with a vermilion red skirt...I would
have had her out of that outfit in 10 seconds flat and run away with it as fast as possible!


And don't get me started on Adora Belle's dress, it is the the most magnificent
creature in the whole damn series, sure Mr. Pump is win, but that dress!
It could stun a nun in church on Sunday :D
Unfortunately, this was the only screen shot I could find of her not just from the shoulders up - also don't get me started on both of my media players refusing to screen cap. >_<
Love to all and to all a good night! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment