Friday, May 13, 2011

Knitting is love...

This is my absolute favourite rendition (for t.v.) of the beautiful book
'The Wind in The Willows'
It was created by Cosgrove Hall as a movie pilot and was then made into a t.v. series with 4 seasons, a second movie revolving around Mr. Toad and his wicked doppelgänger and then a 5th season named 'Oh Toad!'


I am in love with Mr. Toad's original suit (before he ruins it in a fire), the red and cream cheques, the matching waistcoat and bright red tie emphasising his insistance that he be the centre of attention at all times - I can't tell you how many times my husband has asked me to make this and other suits that he wears through out the duration of the show; his star waistcoat to match his "Brand new Telescope" for example (which I will get around to, I swear!) :3


For such a long time now I have wanted to make a scarf or scoodie to match this suit, it is on my To Do list or my "Oh my gods, if I don't make this soon, I am going to have a fan induced embolism!" list ;op I have figured out how to do it in my head and now all I need is to buy the wool and make sure I have the correct pair of needles free...maybe I should buy more of those too...I seem to have at least 5, if not more, projects on the go at most times; right now I am surrounded by Rainbows, which I will share with you all later! XD


So, maybe, send me some good thoughts encouraging me to get on with this so I may share the fun and cozy results with you in the future? ;o)

Also, I want my kitchen/dining/lounge area to look like Badgers!


P.S. I haven't been able to upload any photo's because my camera is cranky :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment